1. The Bible consists of 66 books, divided into two sections: The Old and New Testament.
2. There are 39 books in the Old Testament.
3. There are 27 books in the New Testament.
4. The Bible was written by over 40 different authors.
5. Moses contributed the most books to the Old Testament and wrote the first five books of the Bible (called the Pentateuch).
6. The Apostle Paul contributed the most books to the New Testament with 14 books.
7. The Bible was written over a period of some 1,500 years from around 1450 B.C. to about 100 A.D.
8. The Bible is written in three languages: Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek.
9. The first translation of the Bible made into English was in 1382 A.D., by John Wycliffe.
10. The Bible was printed in 1454 A.D. by Johannes Gutenberg who invented the “type mold” for the printing press.
11. The longest book in the Bible is the book of Psalms with 150 chapters.
12. The shortest book in the Bible is 2 John with just one chapter.
13. The longest chapter in the Bible is Psalm 119 with 176 verses!
14. The shortest Chapter in the Bible is Psalm 117, only having 2 verses.
15. The longest verse in the Bible is Esther 8:9.
16. The shortest verse in the Bible is John 11:35.
17. In the book of Esther, it does not mention the word “God.”
18. The oldest man that ever lived was Methuselah, who lived to be 969 years old.
19. Two men in the Bible that never died but were taken up to heaven: Enoch, who walked with God and was no more (Genesis 5:24), and Elijah who was caught up by a whirlwind into heaven (2 Kings 2:1).
20. The Holy Bible has been translated into 2,018 languages.